[Catalyst] XPath, DOM problem

Mesdaq, Ali amesdaq at websense.com
Wed Jul 9 21:58:38 BST 2008

I agree. Using XML::LibXML and the built in xpath queries would be a much better option. Also you probably definitely want to just pass a data structure to your template that is better suited for processing i.e. plain array or array of hash of name value pairs. Another option if your xml is structured a certain way you can just use xslt to transform the xml into the html or whatever you need and bypass processing it to process it again for display.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq (CISSP, GIAC-GREM)
Security Researcher II
Websense Security Labs