[Catalyst] [IMPORTANT] TEST Catalyst::Runtime 5.7100 RC1 (aka 5.7099_02)

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 20:54:16 BST 2008

Hey All,

We're putting out one final development release before we go full bore
with 5.7100.

NB: It is IMPERATIVE that you TEST this release against YOUR code. Quoth
mst: "If you do not test now any bugs we ship with are your fault!" --
so, there you have it :)

Also, we've reworked the authors list to be much like DBIx::Class; in
one spot (Catalyst.pm) with each person's IRC nick, name, and email. In
you can fill in any of the blanks, fire off an email or catch us in
#catalyst-dev and well gladly fix it up.

Whilst the release is making its way to CPAN, you can grab it from here:

http://dev.thefeed.no/stuff/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7099_02.tar.gz

The Changes since the last stable release include:

5.7099_02 2008-07-16 19:10:00
       - Added PathPrefix attribute
       - Removed Catalyst::Build; we've long since moved to
Module::Install
       - Updated Catalyst::Test docs to mention the use of HTTP::Request
         objects (Rafael Kitover)

5.7099_01 2008-06-25 22:36:00
       - Refactored component resolution (component(), models(),
model(), et al). We now
         throw warnings for two reasons:
         1) model() or view() was called with no arguments, and two
results are returned
            -- set default_(model|view), current_(model|view) or
current_(model|view)_instance
            instead
         2) you call a component resolution method with a string, and
it resorts to a regexp
            fallback wherein a result is returned -- if you really
want to search, call the
            method with a regex as the argument
       - remove 0-length query string components so warnings aren't
thrown (RT #36428)
       - Update HTTP::Body dep so that the uploadtmp config value will
work (RT #22540)
       - Fix for LocalRegex when used in the Root controller
       - Get some of the optional_* tests working from dirs with
spaces (RT #26455)
       - Fix Catalyst::Utils::home() when application .pm is in the
current dir (RT #34437)
       - Added the ability to remove parameters in req->uri_with() by
passing in
         an undef value (RT #34782)
       - Added $c->go, to do an internal redispatch to another action,
while retaining the
         contents of the stash

Cheers,

-Brian