[Catalyst] [IMPORTANT] TEST Catalyst::Runtime 5.7100 RC1 (aka 5.7099_02)

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 23:17:48 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:21 PM, J. Shirley <jshirley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tests a-ok on two fairly complex apps here, both use chained and the
> standard assortment of plugins (Auth, Session, Cache, Params::Nested).
> Also tests fine with View::TT,Mason,Email
>
> Catalyst::Controller::DBIC::API and Catalyst::Action::REST play nice as well.

Thanks for playing along! :)

> Next question: When will the cat wear antlers?

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but, I believe...

Once 5.7100 goes gold, "cata-moose" will be merged with 5.70/trunk
(mst will be the one to do that, I'm sure). From there we'll have to
make sure 5.80 is feature complete, fully tested and backwards
compatible -- this last point may require compatibility shims to be
put in place, possibly in the form of Catalyst 5.71x releases should
it affect the core.

Obviously this is a very general outline and has no fixed deadlines --
it'll be ready when its ready. Naturally, when we feel like we're
close, we'll do a dev release.

-Brian