[Catalyst] Issue with Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication and updating user information (jayk, looking at you!)

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:13:21 BST 2008

In my current application we require the feature of allowing users to
change their login information.  My initial attempts work, but on the

Caught exception in EMS::Controller::Profile->setup "Can't call method
"auth_realm" on an undefined value at
/home/jshirley/perl5/lib/perl5/Catalyst/Authentication/Realm.pm line
177."

First step was to check out C::P::A and C::A::Store::DBIx::Class out
from svn, install from there and try again.  Same thing.

So, I build up some tests on C::A::Store::DBIx::Class that does
(functionally) the same thing (http://scsys.co.uk:8001/17020), but
they all pass and the user name is being updated.

I've tried adding in update_user_in_session, which doesn't seem to do anything.

Before I dive too far into the guts, hoping someone has an idea or
two, or perhaps point out the failing of my tests.

-J