[Catalyst] Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::LDAP

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Tue Jul 22 15:29:20 BST 2008

Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote on 07/21/2008 04:32:03 PM:

> Maybe the search phase failed for the original poster?
>
> I dunno, I was just saying it should probably support both approaches :)

Sorry Matt,  my comment was directed twords the OP not you -- I just
piggybacked on your message.  If the search phase failed for him it seems
like it was a config problem or a edge bug (lets find it and fix vs a new
ldap auth module for cat on cpan).  I have used it on a bunch o different
AD schemas (some heavily segmented,  some heavily locked down) with no
issues.  I don't really know of any non vendor ldap auth that grabs the
crypted pass for client side auth instead of binding against the user (what
this app does).