[Catalyst] Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::LDAP

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Wed Jul 23 14:29:42 BST 2008

On 07/22/2008 10:37 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:27:13AM -0700, Bruce J Keeler wrote:
>> Also, somewhat apropos, I have a
>> C::A::{Store,Credential}::ActiveDirectory  that I based on the LDAP
>> stuff.  The LDAP modules didn't work for me because they want to bind
>> anonymously and retrieve the crypted password, whereas AD just wants to
>> authenticate with a bind.
>
> So, having established this isn't true.
>
> Could you perhaps instead post a message asking why your config of the
> main LDAP store didn't work so we can figure out what configuration problem
> you had and document it?

likely he is missing a 'binddn' and 'bindpw' config setting. The initial bind() will try
anonymously if those are not set. What I usually do for Active Directory is create a user
specifically for use with Net::LDAP (and by extension, C::A::Store::LDAP), and then do all
my initial binds with that user/pass.

'binddn' and 'bindpw' are fully documented; if the docs can be improved, please send a patch.

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/