[Catalyst] Preventing simultaneous logins

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Wed Jul 23 21:12:15 BST 2008

* On Wed, Jul 23 2008, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> What I'd like to do is check if this user is already logged in at some
> other computer, and deny access if so.

I would probably store sessions in the database, and then store the
session ID in the user table at login time (current_session) or
something.  Then when they log in again, you can join in the session
row, check the expiration time in that row, and then allow/deny the
login.  You can also use that opportunity to delete the session from the
database so that the other machine no longer has a valid session.

I don't think the file-based session stores provide this much
flexibility, but you could probably hack something similar if you really
needed to.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway