[Catalyst] Using a post argument in a template

Eden Cardim edencardim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 06:46:06 BST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM, James S. White <james at jameswhite.org> wrote:
> I'm passing an argument to the method via a post, and then catch it with
> my ( $self, $c, $myarg ) = @_; shouldn't there be a way to mine it without
> using [% c.req.arguments.0 %] in the template?
>
> like [% c.controller('Page').methodname.myarg %] or something...

You want [% c.req.body_params.myarg %] if it's a post, [%
c.req.params.myarg %] if you don't care. I would munge the parameters
in the controller and try to formalize an API to interact with the
view though. Also, avoid making your view-side code be
controller-dependent, you'll surely regret it later.

--
edenc.vox.com