[Catalyst] auto re-load of application yaml config file?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Fri Jul 25 10:23:36 BST 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 10:16 PM, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

> * On Thu, Jul 24 2008, Pedro Melo wrote:
>> And yes, the tradeoff is mod_perl, which is more complex than FCGI.
>
> How does Perlbal require mod_perl?  I would just run the application's
> own HTTP server behind Perlbal.  Not very complex at all.

It does not. If I implied otherwise it was not what I meant.

The assertion is that mod_perl is slightly more complex than FCGI for
some. I have no problem with that assertion, although I only use
mod_perl myself because I prefer to use HTTP all the way, and I find
apache2+mod_perl2 the most stable application environment for Perl.

You can perfectly use Perlbal with Apache|Lighttpd|Nginx+FastCGI.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org