[Catalyst] Apache2::RequestIO::read problem

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 07:31:25 BST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 12:07:31 am Chris Dolan wrote:
> [error] Caught exception in engine "Apache2::RequestIO::read: (104)
> Connection reset by peer at /home/foo/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/
> Catalyst/Engine/Apache.pm line 187"
> [Mon Jul 28 16:14:36 2008] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does
> not exist: /home/foo/MyApp/root/student, referer: http://example.com/
> student
> [snip]
> I'm seeing the problem with URLs other than just /
> student too, but all of these problems are infrequent and only after
> reset connections.  I have not been able to reproduce the problem
> with my own web browser.

I've seen more-or-less the same thing using C::P::Server::XMLRPC when it gets
some data it really doesn't like. I don't understand it any more than you do
but it seems harmless enough. As Bill Moseley said it seems that something is
failing in a way that makes apache retry with the default-handler. Makes no
sense to me, but it does fit hte bill.

Andrew