[Catalyst] 5.80 problem with Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema

Chris Dolan chris at chrisdolan.net
Thu Jul 31 06:00:52 BST 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 18 Jul 2008, at 11:24, Tomas Doran wrote:
>
>> On 18 Jul 2008, at 04:14, Chris Dolan wrote:
>>
>>> So, I just tested 5.7099_02 to great success (bravo!) so I
>>> decided to try 5.80 too.
>>>
>>> When using SVN rev 8136, I get the error
>>>   "->config->{schema_class} must be defined for this model"
>>> I am indeed setting that field (following the instructions in
>>> Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema 0.20 to the letter) but it looks
>>> like the schema_class is not getting propagated from the config
>>> to the Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema instance via
>>> Catalyst::Component::new.
>>>
>>> Is this a known problem?  Do I need any blead packages other than
>>> Catalyst::Runtime for a proper test?
>>
>> I haven't looked at this specific issue, but I'd be prepared to
>> bet it's a known issue, which I have looked into.
>
> FYI, this issue has now been fixed.
>
> Would be grateful if you could retest, and let us know if this
> fixes the problem that you were seeing.
>
> Cheers
> t0m

Yep, that error is gone (tested 8171).  The next error I see is:

[error] Caught exception in engine "Can't use an undefined value as
an ARRAY reference at /Users/chris/Work/Catalyst/Catalyst-Runtime/
5.80/trunk/lib/Catalyst.pm line 1244."

where line 1244 is:
     push( @{ $c->stack }, $code );
and "stack" comes from
    has stack => (is => 'rw', default => sub { [] });
That looks pretty straightforward...

Email me off-list if I can provide any more helpful information about
my environment.

Chris