[Catalyst] App testing with Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst

Marius Kjeldahl mariusauto-catalyst at kjeldahl.net
Thu Jul 31 13:51:26 BST 2008

I'm trying to set up application testing the with module described in
the subject.

However, when my application is loaded in the testscript with:

use_ok ('Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst', 'CalApp');
my $u = Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst->new;

most of the things I've setup to be done on loading in my CalApp doesn't
seem to be done. So the plugins doesn't seem to be loaded and similar.

I haven't done any deep testing, but a simple:

print Dumper (__PACKAGE__->config);

in my CalApp.pm shows the normal configuration when I start the CalApp
application normally, but it doesn't even seem to be run when I start it
through the test script.

Naturally, when invoking my CalApp through the testscript it starts
complaining about missing configuration (connect_info etc.).

I must be missing something really basic here. Any clues?

Thanks,

Marius K.