[Catalyst] ANNOUNCE: Catalyst::Devel 1.07 and Catalyst::Manual
5.7012 released to CPAN
diment at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 11:37:38 BST 2008
The catalystarati would like to announce that new versions of
Catalyst::Devel and Catalyst::Runtime have been released to CPAN.
The important changes to Catalyst::Devel are:
1. Config::General .conf files are generated by catalyst.pl instead
of yaml. If you want to use yaml or any other supported config
format, please do. However there are good reasons for not using yaml
by default. Purl, as always knows best:
10:35 <@kd> purl, yaml in pod?
10:35 <@purl> i think yaml in pod is like providing your users with
shotgun aimed at their foot
Translation: pod and YAML are both whitespace dependent in subtly
different ways that interact in a manner which is confusing for new
2. The catalyst.pl helper and the myapp_create.pl controller helper
now creates default : Path and index : Path :Args(0) subs instead of
the old : Private subs. Using these with : Private attribs will
still work, but : Path attribs are more consistent with the rest of
the dispatcher behaviour.
The important changes to Catalyst::Manual are:
1. It's been updated to be consistent with the above changes to
2. The authentication tutorial has been updated to use the new auth
3. There is a new HTML::FormFU tutorial, and the stub for a
4. The reference implementation of the tutorials have also been
Very big thanks to Kennedy Clark for the work he's done on this.
The tests for both these these modules are pretty thin (there are
actually pretty good reasons for this), so please let us know of any
More information about the Catalyst