[Catalyst] script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -d vs. nohup script/myapp_fasctgi.pl &

Mitch Jackson perimus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:50:23 BST 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Dan Dascalescu
<ddascalescu+catalyst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Works as expected. Even after I log out (without running nohup), the
> app correctly logs requests to myapp.stderr. I'm writing a tutorial on
> Catalyst deployment with lighttpd and fastcgi at
> http://catwiki.toeat.com/gettingstarted/howtos/deploy/lighttpd_fastcgi
> (please feel free to amend) and want to get a good understanding of
> this issue.

Your tutorial is informative.  It's nice to see a non-apache
deployment guide.  When deploying under apache, the web server is
easily configured to deliver static content without asking the fastcgi
process to do it.  Is that possible with this lighttpd configuration?

e.g. myapp.com/static gets served directly by lighttpd, while all
other requests go through the catalyst app.

/Mitchell K. Jackson