[Catalyst] Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Ali M. tclwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:43:31 BST 2008

> Simon Elliott:
>
> (1) http://www.browsing.co.uk/cat

This one looks the most professional, but the Catalyst logo is not big
enough, and it have no spirit. I prefer site that look radically
different.

Catalyst's spirit is free-form art, the Catalyst slogan is that the
framework impose little rools and you get to pick your own weapons and
tools.

You know how sometimes people target symmetry to achieve beauty.

You know how some do the opposite, break symmetry to achieve beauty,
because you know its art. This is where I find Perl's spirit, and this
is where I think Catalyst's spirit is.

This site isn't that at all... but its pretty and professional and clean.

> Mark Keating:
>
> (2) http://agaton.scsys.co.uk/~matthewt/catsite/cat_mock_web_001.png

Like the picture, have the colors, maybe site one should take the
picture the emphasize the catalyst logo

> Scott Ladzinski:
>
> (3) http://ion0.com/hx/cat/new-version-2-26.jpg
> (4) http://ion0.com/hx/cat/catalystSiteDesign3.jpg

They seem imcomplete and too traditional

> Mike Whitaker:
>
> (5) http://agaton.scsys.co.uk/~matthewt/catsite/catsite-Penfold.pdf

This feels more in the spirit of Catalyst, but its just not pretty