[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Tue Jun 17 11:23:41 BST 2008

Quoting Moritz Onken <onken at houseofdesign.de>:
> > I've started to code the site and the ongoing process is available at
> > http://www.funkreich.de/catalyst.
> Nice work!

Thanks!

> Some points:
> - I'd prefer a layout like www.ajaxian.com where the main part is in
> the middle of the page

The classic 2/3 column layouts have become a bit out-of-fashion recently which
is why I decided against using them (which doesn't mean they don't make sense
anymore). Besides, I don't see that many sub-navigation points for the Catalyst
site ...

Generally, I think the front-page will always be special in that it tries to
deliver the main points of using Catalyst at a glance (thus they're placed
horizontally). Subsequent (content) pages will probably be better of with a
2-column (vertical) layout similar to my first mockup.

> - I like the background of www.ajaxian.com :)

Me too :) Unfortunately the stylistic approach is quite different.

--Tobias