[Catalyst] Re: Catalyst site design drafts feedback thread

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Tue Jun 17 15:00:45 BST 2008

Quoting Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de>:
> * Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> [2008-06-17 11:40]:
> > I've started to code the site and the ongoing process is
> > available at http://www.funkreich.de/catalyst
> Hmm, that *requires* a maximised browser window on a 1024×768
> screen. I don’t know if it really should… how about a jello
> layout?

A width of 960 pixels is the current standard for new sites without
skyscraper/wallpaper ads which must be visible on a 1024x768 15" CRT because ad
clients and agencies still dictate that as the norm :)

Compare my version with the already mentioned movabletype.org for instance.

I hadn't heard of jello layouts before - it seems they're very rarely used ...

--Tobias