[Catalyst] Running java inside Catalyst

Lindolfo "Lorn" Rodrigues lorn.br at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:44:18 BST 2008

system function it's a bad idea, if you really need to run Java inside Perl,
i did not try that inside Catalyst,  you can check Inline::Java
http://search.cpan.org/~patl/Inline-Java-0.52/Java.pod
I think that will not a problem to use Inline::* inside Catalyst.

Good Luck, and tell us your results.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 10:36 PM, <sindharta_tanuwijaya at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just curious, yesterday I was playing with Java inside Catalyst, and I put
> a code like:
>
> system("java");
>
> in one of my controllers, and when I accessed the URL, the whole computer:
> Fedora Core 8, froze and I had to restart. I am not sure whether it is an=
 OS
> problem, since I later tried the same program on Windows XP with colinux(=
FC
> 7)/cygwin and the java ran as expected.
>
> Anyone had a similar experience before ?
>
> Sindharta

> Searchable archive:

-- =

--Lindolfo "Lorn" Rodrigues