[Catalyst] Running java inside Catalyst

sindharta_tanuwijaya at yahoo.co.jp sindharta_tanuwijaya at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Jun 23 03:44:12 BST 2008

Hi,

Not sure which specific engine you asked, but I'll just put all of them.

---
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

Linux version 2.6.25.4-10.fc8 (mockbuild at xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-33)) #1 SMP Thu May 22 23:34:09 EDT 2008

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

Catalyst 5.7014
---

Sindharta

Robert Krimen <robertkrimen at gmail.com> wrote: On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM,   wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious, yesterday I was playing with Java inside Catalyst, and I put a
> code like:
>
> system("java");
>
> in one of my controllers, and when I accessed the URL, the whole computer:
> Fedora Core 8, froze and I had to restart. I am not sure whether it is an OS
> problem, since I later tried the same program on Windows XP with colinux(FC
> 7)/cygwin and the java ran as expected.
>
> Anyone had a similar experience before ?

What engine were you running when this happened?

Rob