[Catalyst] Re: Capture page on server?

Ryan D Johnson ryandjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:03:38 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de>
wrote:

> > If so, it might make sense for PageCache to pay attention to
> > the Vary header. I imagine that the cache save and lookup code
> > will get significantly more complex, though.
>
> Not a whole lot =96 it needs to incorporate those request headers
> into a compound key.

I was thinking more of the lookup than the storage. Perhaps it's as
straightforward as associating a set of headers with a given URI so that you
can remember which ones need to be used to generate the lookup key. But what
if two responses for the same URI yield a different Vary header? Etc. It's
starting to sound more like search than lookup.