[Catalyst] Session Expiry

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Sun Mar 2 01:25:36 GMT 2008

Bill Moseley wrote on 3/1/08 9:55 AM:

> Or, is this an issue with using a session store that supports expires
> times?  Using a different store (like the database) would mitigate the
> problem because I could use a much longer expires time for the cron job
> that purges old session data than the $c->config->{session}{expires}
> time.  Still, that doesn't *solve* the issue.

but it does solve the issue, if the issue is having 2 different expires settings
to keep in sync.

seems like the Cache store should reset the expires time on the session data
each time, rather than having a separate 'expires' entry in the cache. AFAIK it
is the only session store class to do that.

I don't know if that is a fault with how the Cache store itself is implemented,
or with the implementation of the superclass.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com