[Catalyst] Push services with catalyst

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Mar 6 21:38:10 GMT 2008

* On Thu, Mar 06 2008, Moritz Onken wrote:
> But I still need a lot of code which is run by catalyst, like
> authentication and of course the whole dbic schema.
> What about Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::POE?

Theoretically this should work.  When your application is in the state
of doing IO (sending data to the client, holding a socket open), other
requests can run.  That sounds like it is what you want.

There are things that will block POE, though; handling a request of
course, as well as things that are technically IO (waiting for your
database to return a query).  That can be fixed, though.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway