[Catalyst] Serving static files without Sessions involved

Matt Knesi knesi at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:56:01 GMT 2008

 > For production deployment, the best solution is to avoid catalyst
 > hitting your static files at all. For Apache for instance, you could
 > do this with something like the following:
 >
 > <Location /static>
 > SetHandler default-handler
 > </Location>

Thanks a lot, Marcus.

I am on a shared hosting account, though. Hence the only way for me to =

configure Apache is to use .htaccess.

How would I set-up the .htaccess file so that Catalyst is avoided files =

from the MyApp/root/static directory?

My current .htaccess file looks like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/?script/dispatch.fcgi
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ script/dispatch.fcgi/$1 [PT,L]

Thanks again in advance.

Matt