[Catalyst] Catalyst best practices - exceptions

Ian Sillitoe catalyst at sillit.com
Fri Mar 14 12:09:33 GMT 2008

I'm curious about catalyst best practices regarding exceptions. FWIW I found
the following links outline a neat way of handling Exceptions (i.e. tying
additional functionality to typical HTTP headers) and I'm currently using
this model (not Model) in my application.

http://bricas.vox.com/library/post/catalyst-exceptionclass.html
http://bricas.vox.com/library/post/catalyst-exceptionclass-detach.html

I can't seem to find an enormous amount of discussion on the topic - I
wondered if anyone had any strong opinions on the matter? this method in
particular? whether this article should be slurped into an entry on the new
wiki?

Cheers,

Ian