[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Classdeprecated?

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Tue Mar 18 20:56:26 GMT 2008

On 18.03.2008, at 21:09, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Where can I read more about these namespaces changes?
> Should we continue to load these modules as plugins, or they are
> loaded by default?

C::P::Authentication is still (and will probably always be) a plugin.
However, the store and state backends were recently taken out of the
C::P::Authentication namespace and put into the C::Authentication
namespace. I believe there is some sort of backwards compatibility
layer that loads your old C::P::Authentication store/state backends if
they are there. If not, the C::Authentication namespace is searched
for your backend modules.

I suggest removing the old C::P::Authentication store/state backends
completely and installing the new ones to avoid clashes between old
installations of your app and possible future ones. I'm not sure, but
having two different installations (one with the old version and one
with the new) caused some trouble for me in the past where the app ran
fine on one machine but was broken on the other one ...

--Tobias