[Catalyst]Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Classdeprecated?

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Wed Mar 19 08:40:50 GMT 2008

Quoting Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com>:
> From: "Tobias Kremer" <list at funkreich.de>
> > I suggest removing the old C::P::Authentication store/state backends
> > completely and installing the new ones to avoid clashes between old
> > installations of your app and possible future ones. I'm not sure, but
> > having two different installations (one with the old version and one  with
> > the new) caused some trouble for me in the past where the app ran  fine on
> > one machine but was broken on the other one ...
> Thanks. Are there any settings changes need to be made after this? Or I
> would just need to uninstall the older modules and install the newer ones?

I _think_ it should work right out of the box. I had some trouble after the
upgrade because we have a legacy (mod_perl) application that reaches inside the
session data to find the user (authenticated via C::P::Authentication) and the
internal structure of the session hash changed. But if you're not doing
anything insane like that you should be fine :) Just make sure that you really
have the old C::P::Authentication store/state backend modules deleted,
otherwise they'll still be used which _could_ lead to some confusion.

--Tobias