[Catalyst] [OT] Request for help

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:01:30 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

First, let me apologize if you are seeing this twice as a result of
the cross post.

As some of you may know, apart from being a module developer and
occasional presence of the lists and IRC, I am a student of Economics
at Northeastern University. I am preparing the final research paper
for my Senior Economics Seminar and I was hoping that those of you who
have participated in open source hacking while employed could help me
out by answering couple of short questions.

This only applies to those of you who have either contributed, or paid
someone to contribute to an OSS while "on the clock".

Please, please, please take 2 mins to answer (it's mostly one word
answers) and send it back to groditi at gmail.com (don't reply to the
list!)

1.) Name / alias, (last name optional)

2.) Company where development took place (optional)

3.) Were any of the contributions made simply to satisfy a license? (Yes, No)

4.) Were any releases,  contributions made even though the license did
not require you too? (yes, no)

5.) Was management, or your corporate environment receptive to
participating in OSS? (yes, no)

6.) Why do you choose to participate in OSS?

7.) Do you feel there is an indirect return to contributing to OSS,
and if so, what is it for you?

8.) Estimated value or (?:wo)?man-(?:months|days) of your yearly
contributions ( optional )
Feel free to use your ohloh figures if you think they are accurate.

Thank you so much to whoever can help!  I need answers by Wednesday
Mar 26 at the latest. I slacked off on my homework because I was too
busy hacking on open source! If you know anyone else who wouldn't mind
answering this please feel free to forward this. Remember, the more
answers I get,  the quicker I'll be able to resume helping the Moose +
Catalyst effort.

Thanks again,

--
Guillermo Roditi (groditi)