[Catalyst] How do I access 'Catalysed' custom datasets?

Ian Sillitoe ian at sillit.com
Thu Mar 20 14:28:38 GMT 2008

Thanks for the reply.

>  No, it's got to do with the fact that you seem to be confused about
>  what ResultSets and ResultSources are, they're very different things.
>  So, yes take it to the DBIC mailing list.

Yup, I'm aware of this, but my post was obviously confusing, sorry. My
method was creating a new result_source, registering it, then
returning an associated resultset that could be used to query that
custom result_source.

>  There's no such thing as a "Catalysed Schema", what
>  Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema does is create accessor methods which
>  conveniently access the schema for you. Thus, $c->model('Schema::Foo')
>  actually calls $c->model('Schema')->schema->resultset('Foo') behind
>  the scenes.

My bad - "Catalysed Schema" probably wasn't a good way to frame a
question. However your answer was exactly what I was looking for - so
maybe the question wasn't so bad after all ;)

Cheers,

Ian