[Catalyst] Catalyst controllers - can they be created without catalyst.pl helper script?

Devin Austin devin.austin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:12:02 GMT 2008

Hiya all,

I was playing around the other day when I tried to create a simple
controller with out using the Catalyst.pl helper script.  It wasn't loaded
when I restarted my devel server, so I figured that there must be a dispatch
table somewhere storing the names of the Controller files, and that table is
edited by the helper script.

Is this correct? Or is there some other method used to create controllers?
Also, does one *have* to use the helper script to create
controllers/models/views?

-Devin

-- =

Devin Austin
Founder and Head Developer of CodedRight.net
http://www.codedright.net - get your web app Coded Right
http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?326568/hosting.html - Host with DreamHost!