[Catalyst] Problem Using Jemplate

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:57:43 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Stephen Sykes <stephen at stephensykes.us> wrote:
> I've been playing with jrockway's Jemplate example and when I create the
>  view using script/myapp_create.pl view Jemplate the app will no longer
>  render the TT view. It seems to overwrite template rendering and will
>  print a few lines of javascript to the screen, no matter what screen I
>  try to view. Anyone know what the problem is here? If I delete
>  /lib/MyApp/View/Jemplate.pm the app will work again by rendering the
>  proper tt2 templates.
>
>  Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>  Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Without telling Catalyst::Action::RenderView what view to use, it will
simply guess.  Probably not the best behavior, but the easy (and not
very obviously documented) fix is to set the "default_view" config
setting.

Documented in:
http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Action-RenderView-0.07/lib/Catalyst/Action/RenderView.pm

MyApp->config( default_view => 'TT' );