[Catalyst] Re: So, what do we want in the -next- book?

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 15:10:02 GMT 2008

* Ali M. <tclwarrior at gmail.com> [2008-03-27 13:45]:
> "Education (or knowledge depending on how you translate it) is
> As Indispensable As Water and Air"
> -- Taha Hussein (an Egyptian scholar)

I’m not sure why you’re quoting this, because the water I drink
is certainly not free, and my education cost both the taxpayer
and myself plenty of money.

I’m sure the situation is similar for most participants on this
mailing list.

> One of the maing benefits of Free Software is Free education,
> I don't understand when a Free Software proponent do not also
> support just as much free education in the form of free docs
> and books

No one is stopping you from doing that.

No one is forcing you to buy the book.

What is your problem? Your sense of entitlement?

Are you trying to say Jonathan should not have written the book
if he didn’t want to publish it for free? If so, have you stopped
to consider whether that attitude serves Catalyst?

Regards,