[Catalyst] installing Catalyst

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:38:27 BST 2008

Hi,

I've tried installing a newer version of Catalyst with the latest version of
its modules under Windows, and it gave a few errors when installing
Catalyst.pm, Catalyst/Runtime.pm and DBIx::Class. I thought those errors
wouldn't be fatal, so I ignored them because I wouldn't know how to solve
them anyway.

So I've done:

> catalyst TranzactiiBursiere

It created it successfully the app frame

> perl script/tranzactiibursiere_create.pl model Intra DBIC::Schema Intra
> create=static dbi:mysql:database=intranet root

It created the DBIC classes successfully

E:\web\TranzactiiBursiere\script>perl tranzactiibursiere_test.pl
Couldn't instantiate component "TranzactiiBursiere::Model::Intra", "Cannot
load
schema class 'Intra': Invalid class name Intra::E:AnalizaBmfmsIntraday at
E:/usr
/site/lib/Catalyst/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm line 271
Compilation failed in require at
E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst/Model/DBIC/Schema.pm l
ine 271.
at E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst/Test.pm line 90" at
E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst/Test.p
m line 90
Compilation failed in require at E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst/Test.pm line 90.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at tranzactiibursiere_test.pl line 9.

It seems that the problem is that "E:" is inserted in the class name, so
instead of Intra::ClassName it uses Intra::E:ClassName and I don't know why.
E: is the drive path where the application is installed.

Please tell me what can I do to make it work again under Windows.

Thank you.

Octavian