[Catalyst] Re: $row->copy causing exit from controller(!)

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:22:23 BST 2008

On 2 May 2008, at 23:04, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis
> <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>>  * Paul Makepeace <paulm at paulm.com> [2008-05-01 17:00]:
>>
>>> How does one use perl -d in the context of a FastCGI instance?
>>> Any other debugging tips?
>>
>>  does your problem happen only with the FastCGI engine or can you
>>  reproduce it with others?
>
> You mean like running the foo_server.pl on port 3000? I haven't done
> that yet, partly as my app is a Cat/PHP hybrid so I'm having to modify
> my login system to work without PHP.
>
> That aside, and so I'm understanding what's being proposed here:
> modifying the foo_server.pl to use perl -d and breakpointing the
> controller, then stepping through based on a hit?

Yeah, that works, but if you're having a problem with web server
deployment, you're probably better off writing test cases and dumping
data:

CATALYST_SERVER=http://somewhere.com/myapp prove -l t

then you know if you're getting identical behaviour with the test
server and your 'real' server which is important information,
especially as the test server is much easier to debug.