[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Controller::REST::DBIC

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun May 4 14:12:34 BST 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:28 PM, luke saunders <luke.saunders at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  I think we can still make it compatible, if we agree on some kind of
>  >  internal API.
>  >

>  As in make this module compatible with your new module? Perhaps as a
>  base class without form generation?

Yes - I am thinking about something where you have a separate methods
for validating the parameters and updating/creating the object in the
database - so that I could override them in my sub-class.

>  >
>  >  It is I think quite common convention to use '.' dot for that:
>  >
>  >  param1.some_relation.field_value
>  >
>  >  or
>  >
>  >  some_param.some_multi_relation.1.field_value
>  >

>  Makes sense. I prefer that to the add_to_rel action, especially if
>  this is to remain a REST module rather than an RPC module.

It does not bother me if you leave those actions.

>  The piece of functionality I always wanted but didn't see a clean
>  solution to was specifying complex conditions to the 'list' action,
>  for example only CDs which have a track called 'Badgers', which
>  requires specifying a join and a related condition. I wonder if it
>  makes sense to represent that this way too.

Well - this is in my plans as well - as search in InstantCRUD :)  I am
thinking to base it on the technique I described in my Advent article:
http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2007/16

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/