[Catalyst] Tutorial

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon May 5 12:11:44 BST 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:17:33AM -0700, gaurav001 wrote:

> Hello gurus,
> I am newb for Catalyst so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.
> I have Rockway's book. I followed it. All went good so far (ignore
> FormBuilder stuff ). Now i want to customize application. Lets say
> FormBuilder.render gives me submit button automatically (no idea how). But
> what if I want One Registration button and another Cancel Button.
> Also Controller file (.PM) file, how can i write my business logic. I know
> its perl but as I include Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder...Anychange
> gives me error.

Your business logic doesn't go in the controller, it goes in the model.

Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder just exposes the CGI::FormBuilder
object; see its docs for details on that.

Note that "anychange gives me error" isn't something we can help with. If
you don't tell us the actual error message, we can't do anything - you're
almost as vague as my uncle is when he says "the internet is broken".

Oh, and ignore Ali M. He likes telling people how awful their documentation
is and how they should write more but hasn't sent a single patch himself.