[Catalyst] RFC: Catalyst::Controller::REST::DBIC

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Mon May 5 21:49:10 BST 2008

On 05/05/2008 03:29 PM, J. Shirley wrote:

> My vote is hierarchy like:
>  /foo
>        /{token}   # Can be pk1 if you so desire
>        /-             # - is never acceptable as an identifier
>           /create # if you want an empty action here
>
> Now, I do vote against having an explicit create action, since "POST
> /foo" (or "POST /foo/{token}") seems to be a more reasonable create
> action.

fwiw, CX::CRUD::REST uses:

http://search.cpan.org/~karman/CatalystX-CRUD-0.25/lib/CatalystX/CRUD/REST.pm#SYNOPSIS

I use 0 (zero) as my reserved PK value since seq PKs start at 1 and zero evaluates as
false in Perl.

 my ($self, $c, $oid) = @_;
 if (!$oid) {
   # could be absent or zero, either is fine
   # ...
 }

Also, I adopted drolsky's suggestion of /create_form instead of /create in order to keep
the RESTful no-verb style URIs.

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/