[Catalyst] Invalid session ids being generated

Ryan Pack rpack at genares.com
Thu May 8 17:59:49 BST 2008

Ok, I think I have enough information to explain the problem better.
When a request is made to the app a session id is created in the db but
there is no session data and the expires field is null.  The cookie is
set with that session id.  When you make a subsequent request, the error
below is logged and the first session id is deleted automatically.  A
new session id is created and this time session data is populated as
well as expires.  A new cookie is set with the good session id and all
is well.  I am going to dig into why the first session created is
invalid, but I'm rather new to Catalyst and I can use any suggestions
you can offer.  Thanks!

Ryan Pack

Programmer

Genares Worldwide Reservations