[Catalyst] session in DB example in Catalyst book

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sat May 10 03:30:21 BST 2008

On 10 May 2008, at 11:53, Andrew wrote:

> Using the Rockway's Catalyst book to help bring me up to speed on
> Catalyst and I've got a problem that I can't figure out.
>
> On page 59, where it uses a database to store the session key, I've
> made all the code changes, but when I start the server it gives me
> the following error:
>
> "Couldn't find a model named DBIC::Session at /usr/local/share/perl/
> 5.8.8/Catalyst/Plugin/Session/Store/DBIC.pm line 143.
> Compilation failed in require at script/addressbook_server.pl line
> 53."
>
> I've installed Session::Store::DBIC module and even reinstalled it
> to see if missed out on the Session model and I get the same
> error.  Any ideas?

Two things you need to look at:

1.  The example code for the book at:

http://jrock.us/Catalyst-Book-Code-20080131.tar.gz

2.  The book errata (use the community errata, not the Packt errata)

http://catwiki.toeat.com/thebookerrata

If you're still having problems after looking at them thoroughly,
come back and ask more.