[Catalyst] Controlling Location of Footer On Page

Andreas Marienborg omega at palle.net
Wed May 14 07:20:00 BST 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 12:11 AM, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> I have a database table with 11,929 rows. When these rows are
> displayed
> as part of an html table, I notice that the footer seems stuck at
> approximately line 20 of the web page, and the the table content
> continues (to the true end of the table, 11,909 or so rows later.) I
> looked at the ttsite.css code for the footer is keeping the footer
> "stuck" to output row 20 or so because of the 'position: absolute'
> property.
>
> It seems to me that for long streams of tabular output like this there
> are two solutions:
>
> 1. Use breadcrumb trails to break the result set into separate
> physical
> web pages.
>
> 2. Position the footer at the true end of the table just before the
>
> How can I fix the css so the footer displays properly?

The natural thing to do would be to use paging for instance, to split
it into pages of 20 each or something.

If you want the footer to come at the end of your document, make sure
the DOM node is at the end, and remove the position: absolute from the
css. If the footer isn't at the end of the document, there really
isn't any CSS-way to move it there

- andreas