[Catalyst] Post-login redirection problem

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 20:53:02 BST 2008

Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote: On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 08:29:00AM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded some packages on my server, including some versions
> of Catalyst.  Now Im getting problems after i log in a user. Im
> using the RequireSSL plugin, but now, after a user logs in
> successfully, instead of going to http://www.mysite.com/myapp/, it
> goes to
> http://www.mysite.com:443/myapp/user/http://www.mysite.com/myapp.
> And then I get the message "Bad Request...your speaking plain HTTP
> to an SSL-enabled server port. Instead use the HTTPS scheme to
> access this URL, please."

Sure you didn't end up down-grading Catalyst::Engine::Apache?

At one point it only would remove port 80 but in recent versions it
removes both 80 and 443:Hey, i must have missed that for some reason. Upgrading fixes the port problem.

But i do still have the double-URL problem which may be something im doing.
(But it did change recnetly....)

My login system (i copied this from somewhere) works like this: in my Root
controller, if there's no user, i set

  $c->session->{original_uri} = $c->req->uri;

and then i redirect to the login page. Then in the login routine, if the login is successful:

  my $redirect = $c->session->{original_uri};
  $c->session->{original_uri} = undef;
  $c->res->redirect( $c->uri_for("$redirect")); # stringify

But this redirects to something with that weird double URL (but without the 443
problem at least).

Is this something thats changed recently? What should i be doing to get this behaviour?

Thanx again!

Jen