[Catalyst] Anybody who fancies some LWP poking ...

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Thu May 15 12:35:51 BST 2008

Hi!

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 07:10:27PM +0100, Leon Brocard wrote:
> 2008/5/10 Daniel McBrearty <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com>:
>
> > I'd like Leon's opinion on this. Forwarding to him again.
>
> I understand many bits of it but have given up trying to get it
> working. I would love a patch which passes tests on both old and new
> lib-www-perls.

Today we where hit by this, and I dug into the code...

The problems seems to lie in WWW::Mechanize and
Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst.

I was able to (sort of) fix it with the attached two patches.

T:W:M:C tests work after those patches (as do our tests...), but
WWW::Mechanize spews some "Parsing of undecoded UTF-8 will give garbage
when decoding entitie" warnings. And I'm not in the mood for utf8
debugging ...

I have to say that I did not analyse the whole problem, and in fact we
just downgrade to libwww-perl-5.808. But if these findings help someone
with deeper knowledge to really solve the problem, I'd be delighted!

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                              http://domm.plix.at