[Catalyst] Output as XML

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Fri May 16 08:11:00 BST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Mitch Jackson <perimus at gmail.com> wrote:
> J,
>
> My solution was better suited for the DBIx::Class list I suppose, but
> I posed the question here to see if there was already some sort of
> Catalyst solution I had overlooked... a view for example.
>
> I took a look at that part of the cookbook before, but it seems to
> only apply if you're pulling one table row, not a record set.
>
> Thanks for the advice...
>
> /Mitch

The hash ref inflator is for working with an entire result set, not a
specific row.  It honestly wouldn't make sense with a single row,
because if you get a single row the object is already created...

You'd have to read the source of DBIx::Class::ResultSet (specifically
sub next) to see how it fully works, but it's (in rough theory) mostly
the same as your xml method - except using more of the DBIC API.

But yes, this thread should move to the dbic list.

-J