[Catalyst] Pager and Cache

Emmanuel Quevillon tuco at pasteur.fr
Mon May 19 16:57:26 BST 2008

Hi,

I don't know if this question have been already sent or not
but I am wondering if it is possible to sort cache a pager
into the catalyst application to be able to quickly get
results from a query that would have been cached.
More explanation :

I read in Jrock's book that a pager is quite easy to
implement using $rs->page() and a page parameter in the
query url to display results. However, this example (and
method) obligate to redo the query search each time the user
ask for the next, previous or last page. In the case the
request takes a very long time, navigate through results
start to be a pain. So is there a solution or would it be
reasonable to think of caching the pager in the catalyst
application to directly access each pages without requesting
the database for the same query?

Sorry if my question looks stupid...

thanks anyway

Regards