[Catalyst] Pager and Cache

David Morel david.morel at amakuru.net
Tue May 20 22:35:06 BST 2008

Le 20 mai 08 à 20:10, Mitch Jackson a écrit :
> For a simple common example, a page from a long list of users.  To use
> $last_id_plus_1, I would first need a numeric id on my user table
> (unlikely, as the username is already a unique identifier so adding an
> autoincrement INT would be pointless

been bitten by this many times. I add INTs as row ids no matter how
unique
i think any data will be. Because sometimes... well, you know how it
goes.
what if i have to change the username?

> and break normalization

why would that be ? Moreover, if the username is your FK in any table,
you're
wasting tons of space and possibly memory if the server is set right.

D.Morel