[Catalyst] Re: Request paths - rejoining Chained actions together.

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu May 29 10:07:50 BST 2008

On 29 May 2008, at 06:44, Matt S Trout wrote:
> As I said before, Catalyst will treat the namespace corresponding
> to the
> file and any -subnamespaces- as components to load.
>
> Which is why my example was more like Controller/Foo.pm containing
> MyApp::Controller::Foo::Child[123].
>
> We don't go round ranbdomly instnatiating every package we find in any
> file under Model/View/Controller - *that* would be a bug. Not doing
> so is
> a feature :)

Aha, as usual, I knew I was missing some essential & obvious point
when trying to do that, but didn't really have time to scrobble the
source.

And as usual, you made all clear, thanks mst.

Is this clarified in the documentation (as I missed it), and if not
where is the appropriate place for it to live? If it's not documented
then I'll write up a doc patch...

Cheers
Tom