[Catalyst] Plug your Favourite Search Solution (was [Announce][META] MojoMojo 0.999021 has been released to CPAN)

Jon Schutz jon+catalyst at youramigo.com
Mon Nov 3 00:33:55 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 00:51 +0000, Dermot wrote:

> I was considering Lucene as the basis of an text search engine.
> Lucence fans claim it's the industry standard.
> http://search.cpan.org/~tbusch/Lucene-0.18/lib/Lucene.pm
>
> I guess if you developing in a Perl env then KinoSearch should be your
> choose. Having looked at the docs at
> http://www.rectangular.com/kinosearch/docs/stable/KinoSearch/Docs/Tutorial.html

We have been using Sphinx full-text search with considerable success.

For anyone interested I have written up a bit of an overview of using
Sphinx with Perl:

http://notes.jschutz.net/18/perl/integrating-sphinx-into-perl-applications

--
Jon Schutz                        My tech notes http://notes.jschutz.net