[Catalyst] Perl 5.10 warnings.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Nov 3 15:18:46 GMT 2008

I know some of this has been discussed:

http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg02634.html

I installed Perl 5.10 and Catalyst 5.7015, and now "make test"
generates lots of:

    Name "Catalyst::Controller::setup_dispatcher" used only once:
    possible typo at /usr/share/perl/5.10/NEXT.pm line 58.

for many different methods.

Anyone looked into these and why they are happening?

Is that really something for NEXT to fix?

Another issue I have to look into is query_form() in
/usr/share/perl5/URI/_query.pm is getting passed utf8 strings, which
I'm not sure was happening before 5.10.  (My version of query_form
warns if this happens).  That method must work with octets, something
I discussed on the LWP list on September 18 and 19,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org
Sent from my iMutt