[Catalyst] Running multiple instances on an application

Christian Lackas christian at lackas.net
Tue Nov 4 12:24:22 GMT 2008

Hi Everybody,

I would like to have multiple (20-50) instances of a Catalyst
application running using FastCGI. Since this would result in quite a
few preforked processes, I wondered if it is possible to just use one
set of FastCGI processes and have different config files for different
domain names.  In the configuration I would then have the connect string
for the different database, local folders, etc...

Is that possible?
Can I re-load a config file at the very beginning of request handling?
And does a Catalyst::Model::DBIC re-connect for every request or keep
the connection open for the life-time of the process?

Thanks,
 Christian

--
http://www.invicro.com/ http://www.spect-ct.com/ http://www.lackas.net