[Catalyst] Perl 5.10 warnings. ("used only once")

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Nov 6 20:08:38 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 07:18:46AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I know some of this has been discussed:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk/msg02634.html
>
> I installed Perl 5.10 and Catalyst 5.7015, and now "make test"
> generates lots of:
>
>     Name "Catalyst::Controller::setup_dispatcher" used only once:
>     possible typo at /usr/share/perl/5.10/NEXT.pm line 58.

I patched my NEXT.pm which seemed to suppress it.  I've attached.
Does just setting a scalar by the same name to undef seem like a
reasonable way to suppress this noise?

Hum, I see I've got 0.60_01 of NEXT.pm  Not sure where I got that
version, or if maybe that was some other hack I did locally at one
point.

Something makes me think NEXT.pm doesn't meet the standards of PBP. ;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org
Sent from my iMutt