[Catalyst] Re: recommendation

kevin montuori montuori at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:14:50 GMT 2008

 OR> Especially for a beginner, but not only, the most simple way of
 OR> creating the DBIC classes for a Catalyst app is to use the
 OR> DBIC::Schema helper.

although it's not what you asked, i'll comment that i've had great luck
doing this the other way round: i write the classes (with a lot of help
from an emacs template*) and generate a DDL script from those.  in
addition to making table creation trivial, sqlt-diff produces scripts
which (usually) do a fine job of upgrading from one version to another.

see create_ddl_dir() here: http://tinyurl.com/5vgwcj and sqlt-diff here:
http://tinyurl.com/6ql6wo for details.

i'm much better at writing perl classes than DDL though, so it was
obvious that this was the right thing for me in a 50 table, 10 view
database.  no doubt your mileage will vary.

k.

--
kevin montuori
montuori at gmail.com